Todd Lammle provides insight into the amazing routed protocol IPv6. This first video in the IPv6 series introduces the protocol stack and why you want IPv6. This video covers the whys, hows, and what's regarding the IPv6 protocol stack.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- We've covered a lot of ground in this course,…and though the journey has been tough at times,…it's been well worth it,…but our networking expedition isn't quite over yet…because we still have the vastly important frontier…of IPv6 to explore.…Understanding IPv6 is vital…to meet today's real-world networking challenges…as well as to ace the exam.…This final section is brimming with all the IPv6 information…you'll need to complete your CISCO exam trek successfully,…so get psyched.…We're in the home stretch.…I probably don't need to say this, but I will anyway.…
You absolutely must have a solid hold on IPv4 by now,…but if you're still not confident with it,…or feel you could use a refresher,…just go back to the chapters on TCP/IP and Subname.…And if you're not crystal clear on the addressing problems…inherent to IPv4, you really need to review…the last video, Network Address Translation…before we decamp for this chapter's IPv6 Summit Push.…People refer to IPv6 as…the next-generation internet protocol, and it was…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.