This video provides insight into the Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS) that is used on Cisco router and their Catalyst Switch series. Todd Lammle starts at the beginning and shows you how to connect to a router and switch, how to understand user mode and privileged mode, and how to do some basic but important configurations.
- [Instructor] We're ready to start configuring…our routers and switches.…So, we're going to plug into…the console of a router or switch…and get to something called the Command Line Interface.…Sometimes I refer to this as the cash line interface…because if you can use this command line,…you can get the cash.…Alright, so once we plug into the console and press enter,…we're going to be at what's called the greater than sign,…which is referred to as user mode.…It only allows you to view statistics.…In order to configure the router or see the config,…I'm going to type the command, enable, from user mode.…
And it's going to take us to what's called, privileged mode.…Now if I erase a router or switch…and reload it so there's no config,…I come up to something called setup mode.…Now this isn't something you want to see when you go to work…because that means you have no configuration.…Right, so, we can get into setup mode by erasing it,…reloading it, or just typing setup from privilege mode.…And this is a configuration dialog that allows you…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.