Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Incident management, part of ITIL Foundations.
- Okay, the next process we wanna talk…about is Incident Management.…We've hit Event, which is really kind of…a monitoring piece of that,…and then we walk right into this Incident Management.…Remember one of the ideas here is, we'd like to find out…an incident's there from an event tool…before a customer calls us, if at all possible.…So, let's kind of take a look at, kind of the rundown…here, you got a process called Events Management, sitting up…here, and these are our monitoring tools and so on,…so, different types of information, alerts come out there,…we have informational only, we have warning, right,…and then we have an exception, that exception we have,…is what we call a threshold,…that now takes us to this next process…that we have called Incident Management.…
So now, hopefully, we've been able to...…If we have a tool that can help us do this,…automatically create an incident ticket,…now we can trigger this process called Incident Management.…But to many of our users, Incident Management…is IT, cos that's when they talk to us,…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.