Todd Lammle shows how enjoyable IPv6 can be by providing the answers to how a router can be configured with IPv6 addresses. By understanding how the IPv6 address works and is expressed using eight fields that have sixteen bits each, you can then understand how to configure IPv6 addressing in an internetwork.
- [Instructor] Now before we run out…and configure our routers and our little internetwork…let's go ahead and take a look…at a couple commands we're going to be using.…First I go to global config and have to enable IPv6…with the IPv6 unicast-routing command.…Now if you get an error when you type that in…that's because your iOS you're running…doesn't support IP version six.…Once I have that working I am going to go…to each interface and put in an IPv6 address.…Now, my prefix 2001:db8:3c4d that's the one…I always use for references.…
Then I have my subnet ID, now notice I'm putting this…on f0/0, s0/0, and s0/1 of my corp router,…and that each interface just has a separate subnet.…Makes it pretty easy.…Once I configure one interface I just up arrow…and I just change the subnet ID.…And notice I just put in ::/64.…This is a way to do it.…Now if I pressed enter there, with ::…mean I don't have any host bits.…This means I'm going to be entering…or configuring an anycast address which you probably…don't want to do on there, you might.…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.