Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Functions, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- Okay, so let's talk about functions in the ITIL model…I wanna make sure you understand,…It's very important to understand there is…a big difference between a process…that we've talked about here and a function.…A process, a set of activities, steps, takes inputs…and turns them into outputs.…A function however, in my words, I like to say…a function is a unit of organization…designed to specific type of work.…And so, what we are saying here is a team,…a group of folks is a specialized, organizational aspect…of our model that performs certain types of work,…they're responsible for certain types of outcomes we have.…
So, self-contained capability, so we have our own…work methods, let's take the service desk.…You see on the bottom, the service desk…is one of our functions.…Service desk, has our own types of work methods,…we have our own knowledge, we have expirience…as a part of how we might be doing the work…and executing the work we have to do.…So we can organize functions in a couple of ways,…one we might have this thing called a group.…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.