Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Event management, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- Let's start with how it's event management…is the first process.…This is what I like to consider the…entry point in the service operation.…Why?…It's because event management, essentially,…manages the process.…It's the process that manages events…through their life cycle,…giving us a sound basis for operations management.…So what does that really mean to us?…If you think about it, this process underpins…a lot of the service operations activities.…It's all about monitoring and having monitoring tools…in place to be able to watch those critical CIs --…Critical Configuration Items.…
And the whole idea here is, I don't want to…catch an incident after a customer has called me…and says "Hey, this isn't working."…I'd like to have a monitoring tool…watching this configuration item,…and as soon as it starts to wobble,…I can catch it and I can keep it from wobbling,…so we can restore that or we can resolve that…before there's ever been an effect on a customer.…So it really streamlines a lot of the operations process.…So the more monitoring you can get in place…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.