With VLANs configured on the switches, it's time to configure trunk ports. In this video, Todd Lammle show how to verify your switch ports and then configure trunking between switches. Changing the native VLAN between two switches is also covered. Verification of trunk links and understanding how to set the frame tagging of 802.1q is also demonstrated.
- [Voiceover] Alright, now that we have our vlans down,…and configured our vlans on our switches…one, two, and three, added our respective hosts…and the vlans 10 and 11 on ports 10 and 11…which is nice for us.…I want you to look at these connections…between switches, they're ports 19 and 20,…from one to two, and 21, 22,…and each of them are the same ports on each side…which makes it really nice.…I tried to make this as simple as possible…by using the same port numbers on both sides.…So, let's run out between switch one and switch two…and configure a trunk on ports 19 and 20.…
Alright, now that I'm already logged in to my switch,…let's go ahead and take a look…at show int trunk interface trunk…and we should see our trunk ports.…Well we don't have any, so let's go ahead…and configure 19 and 20 as I mentioned.…Interface range, let's do them both.…F 0 19 dash 20, nice,…Switchport mode trunk, what do you think's gonna happen?…Should just trunk right?…Well, not necessarily because some Sysco switches…still run isl and 802 dot 1 q…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.