In this video, Todd Lammle will show how to easily configure interfaces for static network address translation with the show ip nat inside and show ip nat outside commands. Todd will also demonstrate how to configure static nat on a Cisco device. He will also verify the configuration with the show ip nat translation command.
- [Instructor] Now that we understand…network address translation,…let's run out and do a lab.…In this case I'm willing to use the center router,…which was my corp router,…notice I have serial zero one one, my inside serial,…zero zero one on my outside.…In reality you'd have a LAN on the inside of course,…but in this case it's going to work great for our laps.…I also have a new router, on the left, which I've named PC,…and another router on the right, on the outisde,…that I've named Internet.…Let's run out to the corp router and configure, static NAT.…
On the corp router, I'm just gonna come in here…and my interface is already configured.…So when you're doing NAT of any type…make sure your network's up and running,…your IPs are good in your routing protocol,…and you can ping from end to end.…So the first thing I'm gonna do is go into my interface's,…interface S zero, now,…this is one of the objectives for Cisco CCENT on NAT,…is what's the first thing you do in configuring NAT.…This isn't necessarily the first thing, but it can be.…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.