VLANs define broadcast domains in a layer 2 switched network. Todd Lammle shows you how to create VLANs in the vlan.dat file, which is stored in Flash. After creating and naming VLANs, Todd will assign ports to the various VLANs, and then show you have to verify your access port and VLANs
- [Narrator] Alright now that you have a strong foundation…with VLANs and trunks,…in this section we're gonna go ahead and just configure…our VLANs and assign hosts into those VLANs.…So I can see I have VLANs 10 and 11…that I'm gonna configure…and nicely or administratively their imports…10 and 11 on each switch.…Switch two and three.…So let's go to all three switches and create our…VLAN database and then assign these hosts into that.…I'm gonna start with switch one by logging in here.…
So now that I'm in here…I can do a show VLAN and see my VLAN database.…This is showing all my access ports.…If a link or port was a trunk,…it wouldn't show in this screen.…This only shows access ports.…I'm gonna say config t, VLAN 10…and name sales sounds good…And VLAN 11.…Name HR.…Nice and short and easy for our VLAN database.…Alright so we can come here and do a show VLAN.…We should be able to see our new VLANS I hope.…And there's 10 and 11.…
So those are new broadcast domains we created…in our layer two switch.…Let's now run out to switch two here.…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.