In this video, Todd Lammle will demonstrate how easy and effective it can be to use an Enterprise Layer 3 switch to perform InterVLAN routing in a medium-to-large internetwork. Todd will demonstrate the interface vlan command, which is unique to IVR on a layer 3 switch. Learn how to configure layer 3 router ports on the switch, one for each VLAN, to allow easy IVR configuration.
- [Narrator] Now that we have our IVR working…with our router on a stick, we're going to change this now…into IVR on the switch one, our layer-three switch.…We don't have to go and touch switch two or three.…We just have to configure switch one for inter-VLAN routing.…Let's take a look.…Alright, I'm going to login here to my switch one.…And the first thing I want to do…is change my native VLAN that I'm using,…which is interface VLAN 1.…
It's a router port for VLAN 1.…So, I'm going to become the default gateway now,…for my 50 subnet, which I'm using for the switches.…And then no shut.…It was already enabled, but just to…make sure that you do that.…Now, I am the default gateway…for the other switches, aren't I?…Now, I'm going to create a router port for each VLAN.…So, if I typed in VLAN 10 and press enter,…I'm creating VLAN 10.…Already did that.…I want to create a router port for VLAN 10.…Interface VLAN 10.…
This is my router port for VLAN 10, that's the name.…Once I create that, it's done.…I now have interface VLAN 10.…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.