Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuration Management System, part of ITIL Foundations.
- View Offline
- Okay, within the process that we have…within service transitions, service asset…and configuration management.…We've talked a little bit about what a SACUM…is really all about, and I brought up a couple…of terms a few times.…One is called the configuration management…system, and one is called the…configuration management database.…What is a CMS anyway?…A configuration management system.…This is not a single database or a single tool.…It's a set of tools and databases.…We use those to manage the configuration data,…all the information about these configuration items.…
We federate multiple tools and databases…so we can have a single look, a single view…at helping us extend our knowledge into…what the connections and relationships are…between these CIs.…So it holds CI data within a defined scope.…That CI data is subject…to change management control.…Now there's different types of changes…and different types of authorities we have…that we'll talk about in another module,…but ensure that you know that this has…to be controlled by change management.…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.