Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Certification exam, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- So now you know a little bit about ITIL, the IT Infrastructure Library and what I want you to know is a little about the certification exam. You may have already taken the certification exam. You may be Foundation level certified. You might be watching some of these videos to give you a refresher on some of the core concepts we have in the model. But either way just to kind of give you a little bit of background on the actual exam, some things to understand. It's a multiple choice exam. It's 40 questions, multiple choice which is you could be do on a paper base or you can do it online.
You basically read the question. A,B,C,and D and you answer the question and you move on to the next one. So out of that 40, you must get 26 out of 40 in order to pass. It's a pass fail. 26 is 65 percent. If you do the class or you do the exam online, once you submit that exam you get the results immediately. If you do a paper base sometimes it takes a little bit of time to get the results back on that exam. You have one hour to take that exam and it is an unassisted exam meaning that the proctor of the exam session cannot help you.
It is not an open book exam. So you're basically recalling the knowledge and recalling the concepts that you've learned throughout the Foundation level course that you have. There is an additional 75 minutes. It's well the 75 minutes would be allowed for anybody who might be in a language other than their own primary language if you're taking that test. So candidates with a passing score, i.e 65 percent or 26 correct now receive the Foundation pin and you receive a certificate. That certificate you receive usually comes in the mail after a little bit of time.
You can also manage your certificate online. But you do need that certificate to show that you've passed the Foundation exam in order for you to take an intermediate level courses as which we talked about on another one of the videos. And so that's what we're talking about in the enables the future studies because now you can take any one of the advanced level or intermediate courses that ITIL has to offer.
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.