Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Capacity management, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- Okay, so far in service design,…we've talked about design coordination, catalog,…service level management, availability.…Let's hit capacity management.…Talk about a few important aspects of capacity management.…It's really a balancing act.…Capacity management or balancing act.…Balancing costs against the resources needed, right?…Balancing act of supply against the demand because capacity…helps us support the performance by having the right amount…of capacity, the right amount of time.…
We don't want to go buy over capacity…because we're wasting company dollars.…We're wasting money by putting,…slamming too much capacity in this.…We need to make sure we have some planning.…Put in place and balance that with the demand and also look…at the costs of these things that we need to add capacity…to support that performance, okay?…Capacity management is ensuring that the capacity…and performance of IT services and their components matches…the current and future agreed needs of the business,…in the most cost-effective and timely manner,…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.