Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Business case, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- Okay, let's talk about a business case,…what exactly is a business case anyway?…It's a justification for a significant item…of expenditure, and so when we're looking at this,…it's basically, it includes information about cost,…benefits, the options, the issues, risks,…and possible problems that we might have…as a part of this expenditure that we're looking at.…Now oftentimes we get really wrapped up…in the financial aspects of this,…but it's important for you to remember,…from a business case perspective,…we're looking at both financial and non-financial aspects…of this business case…So, if I can learn how to spell non-financial,…I know it's N-O-N, non-financial, there we go,…financial and non-financial aspects,…because one of the things we're looking at…from a non-financial aspect, remember,…even if the customers, they're paying for the service…or they're paying for this item of expenditure…that we're looking at, they also pay…for the non-financial pieces,…things like trust, integrity, ethics, etcetera.…
So always remember this, not always about dollars.…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.