In this video, Todd Lammle shows the commands to back up the running-config on a Cisco router or switch to a remote location, through services like TFTP. You'll also learn how to manage the IOS of a router or switch, by both backing up and restoring the configuration on a Cisco switch and the Cisco IOS.
- [Instructor] In this section…we're going to discuss the configuration register,…backing up and restoring a Cisco configuration…for a router switch, as well as an iOS.…So, let's start off my looking at the Corp router,…and we're gonna do a show version.…Very good, very powerful command here.…The show version command shows us from the top…the iOS software, and its Advance Enterprise Version 15.1.…Come down a little bit, you'll see the ROM System Bootstrap.…Don't get that version confused with your iOS.…
What's really nice about the show version command…is it tells me how long it's been up,…in this case, one day, four hours, and so on,…how it was last booted.…That says (unintelligible)…If someone asks you, "What command…would you type in to see how your…router switch was last booted?"…and the answer is show version.…System image file is now this is...…Flash: is not part of the name.…That says this iOS was loaded from flash,…so if I was to do something like the show flash,…actually this is my iOS,…what my iOS is by default in flash memory.…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Cisco CLI Router Configurationwith Denise Allen-Hoyt1h 38m Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.