Todd Lammle covers the difference between the application layer/process layer and the Open Systems Interconnect (OSI) model. In addition, he covers the applications and processes that are defined by the Department of Defense (DoD).
- [Instructor] The DOD model…was created before the OSI model.…In this graphic it shows the different…various applications and protocols that they…included in the protocol sweep.…Let's talk about a few of them.…Telnet stands for Telephone Network.…It's used to make your terminal run as…a dumb terminal and run programs on another device.…Secure Shell or SSH is the same thing, however,…it's encrypted where Telnet is in clear text.…File Transfer Protocol allows us to send…and receive files in a reliable fashion because it uses TCP.…
TFTP uses UDP but it's still connection oriented,…although most people don't know this.…It is a connection-oriented protocol…at the application layer.…SNMP Simple Network Management Protocols allow us…to monitor our network.…Use something called a Network Management Station…to gather information about network hosts.…HTTP and HTTPS Hypertext Transfer Protocol…allows us to view web pages.…NTP Network Time Protocol allows us to keep the time…synchronized through out our network.…
DNS, a very important application, allows us…
For more information on the CCENT exam, visit Cisco's website.
- Overview of internetworking
- The TCP/IP networking model
- Easy subnetting
- Managing Cisco IOS
- Managing Cisco networks and devices
- IP routing
- Layer 2 switching
- VLANs and InterVLAN routing
- Network address translation
Skill Level Intermediate
Internetworking devices4m 20s
3. Introduction to TCP/IP
4. Easy Subnetting
5. VLSM, Summarization, and Troubleshooting TCP/IP
6. Cisco Internetworking Operating System (IOS)
7. Managing a Cisco Internetwork
8. IP Routing
9. Layer 2 Switching
10. VLANs and InterVLAN Routing (IVR)
12. Network Address Translation (NAT)
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.