Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Application management, part of ITIL Foundations.
- Okay, we covered Service Desk, Technical Management,…IT Operations, and overlapping, you know,…within the technical and application,…that's IT Operations, and we have the last piece here,…we'll talk about Application Management.…So, Application Management, so if you think about this,…Application Management's responsible for managing…applications throughout their life cycle,…as a function, and the activities necessary…for managing these apps can be performed a lot of different…technical groups, so, they're the keeper…of the technical knowledge and the expertise related…to those applications that are used for the business.…
So one of the things that's interesting,…is many times, I hear folks confuse an application…with a service, that is not true.…An application can support one or more services,…so I've had folks say, "Here's our list of services,"…and it's their application list, remember…an application, think of it like a shared service almost,…a shared application, so this application…can support many of those.…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.