Join Mark Thomas for an in-depth discussion in this video Access management, part of Cert Prep: ITIL Foundations.
- So we finished up request fulfillment.…The last process we have in service…operation: access management.…Now, a lot of calls come into my service desk.…We may have incident calls, and we have request calls.…One of those types of requests that we might receive…is a request for access to either…add me to the access or remove me to the access.…Let's say I'm a new contractor working…at your organization, and we need to get access for me.…I'm starting on XYZ date, so there might…be a lead time, because you have to verify who I am.…You have to verify what access I need.…
You have to verify, once I get access,…what I'm allowed to do, and when we plan…on removing that access for me.…Working in an organization, I retire, and now we…have to look at how we remove or…restrict access after I've retired.…So those will be coming in normally as a part…of the request fulfillment process.…So access management can be initiated by a service request.…It usually comes into the service desk.…Now, the service desk is not necessarily…
ITIL® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited. This ITIL Foundations course is offered by Interface Technical Training, ATO of EXIN.
Skill Level Advanced
Qualification scheme3m 51s
1. Service Life Cycle
2. Service Management as a Practice
3. Key Principles, Models, and Concepts
4. Life-Cycle Phases
5. Life-Cycle Processes: Part One
6. Life-Cycle Processes: Part Two
7. Service-Management Functions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.