Enhance your understanding of Neo4j, a popular native graph database. In this installment of the Database Clinic series, discover how Neo4j handles a series of common tasks.
- [William] Neo4j is a native graph database that works with complex and connected data at scale. Neo4j combines the power of a flexible graph data model with an expressive graph query language called Cypher. Graph databases really excel at executing complex queries in real-time, offering a combination of performance and flexibility that often can't be matched by other database systems. Hi, I'm William Lyon. As a software engineer, I've worked with many different database technologies, including Neo4j.
In this course, we'll be working with a variety of datasets. We'll see how to model these datasets as a graph, and we'll use various methods to import them into Neo4j. We will see how we can combine datasets and query across them using the Cypher query language. We'll learn how to express graph patterns in Cypher and see how we can render the results as a graph visualization using Neo4j Browser. This course is a part of the Database Clinic series where experts are given the same challenges and asked how their tool of choice can be used to address them.
You can watch just this course if you want to learn how Neo4j can be used for basic database tasks, or, if you like, you can watch the different courses in the series to compare the features and advantages of each of these different tools. We have a lot to cover, so let's get started.
- Strengths and weaknesses of Neo4j
- Data modeling
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Modeling data for joining data sets
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Neo4j in Five Minutes
A brief overview of Neo4j3m 23s
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.