Join William Lyon for an in-depth discussion in this video Update operations in Neo4j, part of Database Clinic: Neo4J.
- [Instructor] Our next task in the problem…is to update records in the database,…in this case, line nodes, searching for character names,…converting them to uppercase,…and then updating that node in the database.…Let's jump back to neo4j browser…to take a look at some string functions.…So this piece of the problems requires us…to replace character names with uppercase character names.…Let's see how we can manipulate strings in neo4j.…So let's match on lines…that contain a specific character reference.…
Let's match on Lysander.…And return lines, not that he's spoken,…but that contain his name.…This shows that the character names appear in the text…with only the first letter of the name capitalized.…However, our character list has the character names…completely capitalized, such as this.…If we were now to execute this, we would not match…on Lysander with only the first letter capitalized…because contains is case-sensitive.…
As we can see here now that we're only matching…on our enter and exit lines,…which we're going to be removing in the next step.…
- Strengths and weaknesses of Neo4j
- Data modeling
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Modeling data for joining data sets
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Neo4j in Five Minutes
A brief overview of Neo4j3m 23s
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.