Join William Lyon for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of joining datasets in Neo4j, part of Database Clinic: Neo4J.
- [Instructor] For this problem,…we are presented with data on vehicle accidents in the UK,…downloaded from data.gov.uk.…This data contains detailed accident information,…including the type of vehicle and severity of the accident.…We want to look at all accidents…where a motorcycle was involved…and compute the average severity across accidents…for each distinct type of motorcycle.…This is a common type of analysis problem,…where someone might be looking at vehicle safety statistics…to make decisions about future safety regulations…or perhaps as an input for determining insurance rates.…
We'll need to design a graph data model…for combining the data…and then query across the graph that we construct,…making use of the statistical functions…built into the Cypher query language.…
- Strengths and weaknesses of Neo4j
- Data modeling
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Modeling data for joining data sets
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Neo4j in Five Minutes
A brief overview of Neo4j3m 23s
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.