Join William Lyon for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of database creation, part of Database Clinic: Neo4J.
- All right, it's time for our first challenge.…Lao Tzu said it best,…the journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.…The first step in our journey is creating a database.…Databases store a combination…of specifically formatted information…and open ended information.…Different database tools store that information…in unique ways.…Flat files use a table,…SQL databases use the relational model,…and NoSQL databases use a key value model.…
Regardless of how they store that data,…many tools are optimized so that if the database knows…that a certain piece of information…will always be in a specific format,…for example a date, an amount of money,…or a geographical location,…it can treat that information more efficiently.…An important part of creating a database…is understanding the kinds of data that you need to store.…Once your database is setup…and knows what information to expect,…it's time to add that information in.…
Databases are populated in several different ways.…They can be populated by hand.…For example, consumer polls are conducted face to face…
- Strengths and weaknesses of Neo4j
- Data modeling
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Modeling data for joining data sets
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Neo4j in Five Minutes
A brief overview of Neo4j3m 23s
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.