Join William Lyon for an in-depth discussion in this video Overview of database creation in Neo4j, part of Database Clinic: Neo4J.
- [Instructor] In this problem, we're tasked…with importing an existing dataset into Neo4J.…The dataset we're given is a CSV file, not a graph,…so we first need to convert this into a graph data model.…We'll use a simple graph data modeling tool…called Arrows to define our graph model.…Once we've defined the data model,…we need to import the actual dataset into Neo4J.…We have few different options for importing data.…In this example, we'll be using the LOAD CSV functionality…built into Cipher to define how the CSV file…should be mapped to a graph model.…
Cipher allows us to express the graph pattern for this data.…Let's get to it.…
- Strengths and weaknesses of Neo4j
- Data modeling
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Modeling data for joining data sets
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Neo4j in Five Minutes
A brief overview of Neo4j3m 23s
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.