- [Instructor] In this problem, we wrote a cypher query…to traverse the graph of population predictions…to produce a table that gave us population predictions…by county and gender for a specific year.…We saw how to inspect the query execution plan…to help us tune our cypher queries,…and we saw how to create an index to improve…the performance of our query.…An important takeaway here is how indexes are used in Neo4j.…Graph databases like Neo4j have a performance characteristic…called index-free adjacency, which means that our…traversals, following a relationship from one node…to another does not use an index, meaning that…the performance of that traversal is not dependent…on the overall size of the data.…
We still have a use for indexes in Neo4j,…but as a way to find the starting point for our traversals.…To speed up our query for this problem,…we created an index to quickly find the starting point…for our traversal, which, in this case, was all…population prediction nodes where the year property…was equal to 2014.…
- Strengths and weaknesses of Neo4j
- Data modeling
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Modeling data for joining data sets
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Neo4j in Five Minutes
A brief overview of Neo4j3m 23s
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.