Join William Lyon for an in-depth discussion in this video Insights on CRUD operations in Neo4j, part of Database Clinic: Neo4J.
- [Instructor] In this problem, we executed each…of the create, read, update, and delete operations…using the Python driver for Neo4j.…You may have wondered why we didn't use regular expressions…to complete the update task.…We can use regular expressions to match strings in Neo4j,…but the functionality…for replacing regular expression matches isn't built in.…Instead, we used a variety of string functions…like replace, substring, toUpper, and toLower…to complete the task.…
There is a procedure library…that contains Regex replace functionality for Neo4j,…but I chose not to use it for this problem…since we were able to complete the task…using the built-in string functions.…In the next problem, however,…we will leverage Neo4J's extensibility…and make use of some user-defined procedures…to extend the functionality of Cypher.…
- Strengths and weaknesses of Neo4j
- Data modeling
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Modeling data for joining data sets
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Neo4j in Five Minutes
A brief overview of Neo4j3m 23s
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.