Join William Lyon for an in-depth discussion in this video Delete operations in Neo4j, part of Database Clinic: Neo4J.
- [Instructor] We've just completed the update operation.…The next thing we need to do are delete lines…that contain certain stage directions,…and then, finally, read all of our lines…and write them out to the console.…Let's move back to our Python notebook,…and scroll down to the delete section.…So, for each line we need to delete any line nodes…that start with "ENTER", "EXIT", "ACT", or "SCENE".…Let's define a cipher query to do this.…
We'll start off by defining a list of strings…that contain "ENTER", "EXIT", "ACT", or "SCENE".…Alias that to a variable, words.…And then we want to match on any lines…that contain one or more of these words.…We know we need a where clause.…We're going to use a list predicate, the any function.…
The list predicate allows us to execute…a comparison for each object in a list.…So, for each element of words,…we want to see if that word,…and we'll convert that to lowercase when…we compare it to the text property of the line.…We want to see if that line starts with…an element of our list of stop words.…
- Strengths and weaknesses of Neo4j
- Data modeling
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Modeling data for joining data sets
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Neo4j in Five Minutes
A brief overview of Neo4j3m 23s
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.