- Our next challenge involves the needle in a haystack.…Search is arguably the most important function…of any database.…Combing a vast haystack of data…for a specific needle of information…is one of the most common computing tasks.…Google alone processes over 40,000 searches every second.…That's almost a million searches since I started talking.…If you're only combing a 30-line spreadsheet,…search can be pretty easy.…In fact, it might be just as easy to browse around…as it is to use the Find dialogue.…
Unfortunately, many databases are large…containing terabytes or petabytes of information.…It wouldn't be practical to page through the data…looking for a specific value.…Likewise, searches can be complex.…It's one thing to look for a known number,…but it's more difficult to look for something…like say the highest salary of dog walkers…in states with rainfall higher than the national average.…That kind of complex search requires a database…with a sophisticated query language.…
Structured Query Language or SQL is the most common,…
- Strengths and weaknesses of Neo4j
- Data modeling
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Modeling data for joining data sets
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Neo4j in Five Minutes
A brief overview of Neo4j3m 23s
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.