Join William Lyon for an in-depth discussion in this video CRUD operations, part of Database Clinic: Neo4J.
- The next task involves basic data manipulation.…CRUD is an acronym that stands for…Create, Read, Update, and Delete.…These are all basic operations…that can be performed with most databases.…Create refers to the creation of a new table or record.…SQL refers to this as either create to create a table…or insert to create new records inside a table.…Read means to retrieve information from a database.…
SQL uses the select command.…Update is a change to an existing record or table.…SQL uses the update command.…Finally, delete refers to removing a record from a table.…SQL uses the delete command.…This challenge will demonstrate…how to perform CRUD operations on a range of databases.…There are several tasks that our instructor will perform.…I've provided them with the text of Shakespeare's…Midsummer Nights Dream,…plus a list of characters in the play.…
Using those two datasets,…the instructor will have to accomplish the following tasks,…the first three tasks will execute concurrently.…For each line in the text,…create a corresponding record in the database.…
- Strengths and weaknesses of Neo4j
- Data modeling
- Creating a database
- Joining data sets
- Modeling data for joining data sets
- Searching a database
- CRUD operations
- Performing calculations
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Neo4j in Five Minutes
A brief overview of Neo4j3m 23s
2. Create a Database
3. Join Two Datasets
4. Search a Database
5. Create, Read, Update, and Delete Operations
6. Averages and Calculations
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.