Enhance your Navisworks skillset by discovering how to best leverage some of the software's most exciting features. Learn about search sets, creating animations, working with the Clash Detective tool, and more.
- [Instructor] Welcome to this course Navisworks Advanced. My name is Jim Cowan. I work as a AEC BIM consultant. What we're going to look at in the course are the relationships between authoring files and the Navisworks content, which is where the majority of issues arise when you're using the product. We're then going to look at one of the most exciting features of Navisworks, which is the use of search sets, and in that section we'll explore different end goals like creating animations, creating clash tests.
And we'll spend, actually, a whole section on clash tests, Clash Detective. That's the main feature that people use Navisworks Manage for. Okay, so let's get going with our first look at introduction to the product, what's in it for you, and we'll take it from there.
- Navigating the Navisworks user interface
- Creating Navisworks files
- Revit view templates
- Creating and reusing search sets
- Scene animation using search sets
- Exporting a viewpoint animation and a render animation
- Using grid plan views
- Appending and creating a clash view
- Updating the clash test
- Visualizing clashes
Skill Level Advanced
1. Introduction to Navisworks Manage
2. Options: Setting Up for a Project
3. Creating Navisworks Files
Grid plan view5m 24s
4. Search Sets
5. Clash Detective
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.