Learn how to use Navisworks Manage and Navisworks Simulate to gain control and get a holistic view of your building projects. Create virtual builds and walk-throughs of your models and anticipate outcomes before you begin.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Eric Wing, and welcome to Navisworks Essential Training. In this course, we'll learn how to combine different models from different applications. I'll start by showing you how to merge and append models. Then I'll show you how to perform class detection, construction sequencing, and model navigation. We'll learn how to gather quantities, add lights and materials, and even render. We'll be covering all these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques. Let's get started with Navisworks Essential Training.
- Appending and merging different file types
- Walking through your model
- Working with viewpoints
- Reviewing and marking up a model
- Manipulating and finding objects
- Adding links to objects
- Sorting and grouping
- Creating clash tests
- Adding a timeline with the Timeliner
- Creating material takeoffs
- Creating custom animations and scripts for an interactive movie
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on BIM 360 and a whole new chapter of videos on rendering in Navisworks.
Q. This course was updated 03/21/2017. What changed?
A. Three videos were updated in the first chapter. The following topics were also updated in chapters 8 and 12: creating a simluation for the TImeLiner, changing the survey point and project base point in Revit, finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, and combining Civil and Revit.
1. The Navisworks File System
2. Navigating in a Model
3. Working with Viewpoints
4. The Review Tab
5. Dealing with Objects
6. Sorting and Grouping
7. Clash Detection
8. The TimeLiner
10. Presenting, Animating, and Exporting
12. Combining Site and Buildings
Combining Civil and Revit3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.