Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Rendering, part of Navisworks Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] You might not have known this,…but you can render in Navisworks as well.…It's actually really cool.…Let's get started by jumping into Navisworks.…On the quick access toolbar let's click the open button.…I'm going to browse where I'm keeping my…Navisworks Essential model.…And I'm going to click open.…Okay, I'm going to click on my orbit button.…Notice that we have lights turned on.…This is because we are messing with the lights.…That's okay, we're going to wind up turning 'em off.…I'm going to zoom in to one of these rooms.…
I guess this one.…I'm going to click on my feet.…I'm going to walk right on into here.…I'm going to come into the bathroom right about here.…Now what I'm going to do is I'm going to add a light.…So let's go to our Autodesk rendering button.…Let's go to the lighting.…Let's make sure all these lights are turned off.…Let's turn our sun off as well.…I'm going to go to create light.…
And I'm going to click on point.…I'm going to put that right here.…My intensity I'm going to bump that back to 100.…
- Appending and merging different file types
- Walking through your model
- Working with viewpoints
- Reviewing and marking up a model
- Manipulating and finding objects
- Adding links to objects
- Sorting and grouping
- Creating clash tests
- Adding a timeline with the Timeliner
- Creating material takeoffs
- Creating custom animations and scripts for an interactive movie
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on BIM 360 and a whole new chapter of videos on rendering in Navisworks.
Q. This course was updated 03/21/2017. What changed?
A. Three videos were updated in the first chapter. The following topics were also updated in chapters 8 and 12: creating a simluation for the TImeLiner, changing the survey point and project base point in Revit, finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, and combining Civil and Revit.
1. The Navisworks File System
2. Navigating in a Model
3. Working with Viewpoints
4. The Review Tab
5. Dealing with Objects
6. Sorting and Grouping
7. Clash Detection
8. The TimeLiner
10. Presenting, Animating, and Exporting
12. Combining Site and Buildings
Combining Civil and Revit3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.