Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, part of Navisworks Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Navisworks can't read…Civil 3D without some help.…This is probably the most annoying thing…I deal with when it comes to Navisworks.…Let's take a look and see how to make it…so Navisworks can actually see Civil 3D data.…What I'd like to do in this video…is go find some Object Enablers and run them.…What I usually do is I essentially…Google Civil 3D Exporters.…It's not a Navisworks Exporter.…It's a Civil 3D Exporter.…That's the big difference, and what you're going to do…is you're going to find Object Enablers.…
I've provided Object Enablers with this course,…but you might want to just Google it anyway…to make sure you've got the right ones.…Now, when you click it, what's going to happen is…if you're in Chrome, it's going to load down here.…Other browsers will give you some other indication…on how it's going to come down.…So what I generally do is since I'm the Bin Manager…at my firm, I save this in a network location.…What I'm going to do, though, is I'm going to grab…my flyout, and we can either Open it or Show in folder.…
- Appending and merging different file types
- Walking through your model
- Working with viewpoints
- Reviewing and marking up a model
- Manipulating and finding objects
- Adding links to objects
- Sorting and grouping
- Creating clash tests
- Adding a timeline with the Timeliner
- Creating material takeoffs
- Creating custom animations and scripts for an interactive movie
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on BIM 360 and a whole new chapter of videos on rendering in Navisworks.
Q. This course was updated 03/21/2017. What changed?
A. Three videos were updated in the first chapter. The following topics were also updated in chapters 8 and 12: creating a simluation for the TImeLiner, changing the survey point and project base point in Revit, finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, and combining Civil and Revit.
1. The Navisworks File System
2. Navigating in a Model
3. Working with Viewpoints
4. The Review Tab
5. Dealing with Objects
6. Sorting and Grouping
7. Clash Detection
8. The TimeLiner
10. Presenting, Animating, and Exporting
12. Combining Site and Buildings
Combining Civil and Revit3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.