Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a simulation for the TimeLiner, part of Navisworks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Now that we have a TimeLiner…and we know how to create viewpoints,…it's time to combine our talents.…In this video, I'd like to create…an animation using saved viewpoints.…Then, I'd like to add that animation…to a TimeLiner and watch it go.…So, let's jump into Navisworks…and I'm going to go open…and I'm going to browse to where…I'm keeping my exercise files.…I'm going to go to TimeLiner, then Animation.…I'm going to grab Animated Scene…and I'm going to click Open.…
Basically, it's an empty mound of dirt.…Kind of like what we just did but I've added…a new TimeLiner to it.…Go to the Tasks tab on the TimeLiner…to make sure everything shows back up.…Now, what I'd like to do is I'm going to…create some viewpoints.…The first viewpoint I'm going to come down here.…Look at it pretty close.…Just like this.…Now, what I'd like to do is go to the Viewpoint tab.…Now, I'm going to click on Save Viewpoint right here…and for the view I'll call it 1 and hit Enter.…
It'll make sense in a minute.…Now, I'm going to pan over just a little bit…
- Appending and merging different file types
- Walking through your model
- Working with viewpoints
- Reviewing and marking up a model
- Manipulating and finding objects
- Adding links to objects
- Sorting and grouping
- Creating clash tests
- Adding a timeline with the Timeliner
- Creating material takeoffs
- Creating custom animations and scripts for an interactive movie
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on BIM 360 and a whole new chapter of videos on rendering in Navisworks.
Q. This course was updated 03/21/2017. What changed?
A. Three videos were updated in the first chapter. The following topics were also updated in chapters 8 and 12: creating a simluation for the TImeLiner, changing the survey point and project base point in Revit, finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, and combining Civil and Revit.
1. The Navisworks File System
2. Navigating in a Model
3. Working with Viewpoints
4. The Review Tab
5. Dealing with Objects
6. Sorting and Grouping
7. Clash Detection
8. The TimeLiner
10. Presenting, Animating, and Exporting
12. Combining Site and Buildings
Combining Civil and Revit3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.