Join Jim Cowan for an in-depth discussion in this video Create clash test: Hard, part of Navisworks Advanced.
- [Instructor] So if we're starting the exercise file…when we're going to do the actual clash test itself,…you notice that if you go to the view,…that it didn't remember the settings…that we had and it's a common thing to do…is what I just did, which is forget to update the view…when I was finished.…So let me fix it very quickly here.…What I want to do is pick the grid,…control, pick something high in the model,…tell it that I'm enabling the box section view,…and that I want to fit to the items selected.…
Go to the scale option, where what I'm doing…is dragging it up to make it go…all the way through the model, and then the critical thing…that's different from say AutoCAD,…different from say Revit, is that when I've made…a change like that, I need to right click on the view,…and say update, so that if I navigate away from that view,…and I come back to that view, it's got everything saved…the way that I want it to be.…Now I'm ready to do the clash test.…So we could, from the home tab, we could just bring…up clash detective, but remember one of the things…
- Navigating the Navisworks user interface
- Creating Navisworks files
- Revit view templates
- Creating and reusing search sets
- Scene animation using search sets
- Exporting a viewpoint animation and a render animation
- Using grid plan views
- Appending and creating a clash view
- Updating the clash test
- Visualizing clashes
Skill Level Advanced
1. Introduction to Navisworks Manage
2. Options: Setting Up for a Project
3. Creating Navisworks Files
Grid plan view5m 24s
4. Search Sets
5. Clash Detective
Next steps1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.