Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Combining Civil and Revit, part of Navisworks Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Let's do this thing.…Let's bring in a Revit model and lay it into a…Civil 3D model in Navisworks.…Under projects, I'm going to go open.…I'm going to browse where I'm keeping my project files…and I'm going to click site location, Revit model,…and I'm going to open it up.…Now we've got it located,…I'm just going to draw some walls in here,…just to locate the corner of our building.…On the Architecture tab I'm going to click wall,…and the location of the line,…I'll go finish face exterior.…
I'm just going to start a base point here.…I'm going to hit my tab key and flip it.…I don't know, I'm just going to draw some walls.…I don't care how high they are,…or what.…This is my building.…I know that's the corner point of it,…and I know I'm not using that survey point very well,…but here it is.…I'm going to save it.…Now I'm going to go into Navisworks.…
I'm going to click the new button to get rid of…any kind of items that are in here.…Now the first thing I want to do is…I want to click on my Navisworks application button,…
- Appending and merging different file types
- Walking through your model
- Working with viewpoints
- Reviewing and marking up a model
- Manipulating and finding objects
- Adding links to objects
- Sorting and grouping
- Creating clash tests
- Adding a timeline with the Timeliner
- Creating material takeoffs
- Creating custom animations and scripts for an interactive movie
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on BIM 360 and a whole new chapter of videos on rendering in Navisworks.
Q. This course was updated 03/21/2017. What changed?
A. Three videos were updated in the first chapter. The following topics were also updated in chapters 8 and 12: creating a simluation for the TImeLiner, changing the survey point and project base point in Revit, finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, and combining Civil and Revit.
1. The Navisworks File System
2. Navigating in a Model
3. Working with Viewpoints
4. The Review Tab
5. Dealing with Objects
6. Sorting and Grouping
7. Clash Detection
8. The TimeLiner
10. Presenting, Animating, and Exporting
12. Combining Site and Buildings
Combining Civil and Revit3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.