- [Instructor] Combining Revit and Civil 3D can be a pain.…Normally it's not an issue, until you get to Navisworks.…In Revit, we have two site points…that are in there for us.…There's a survey point, and a project base point.…When a survey is done, the surveyor establishes…two points for us:…one is a benchmark location of the surveyor's choosing,…out in the middle of a field somewhere,…and the other is a corner of our building.…If there are more than one buildings on a site,…each building is going to have its own corner point, obviously.…Now, in Revit, the survey point is where the benchmark…location is, and the project base point…is where the building is.…
When we alter the survey point in Revit,…nothing really happens.…However, when we move the project base point,…our entire project moves to that point.…Since you should only have one live building in Revit,…you only have one project base point.…If you have multiple buildings on your site,…you're going to create a new Revit model…for each of those buildings.…
- Appending and merging different file types
- Walking through your model
- Working with viewpoints
- Reviewing and marking up a model
- Manipulating and finding objects
- Adding links to objects
- Sorting and grouping
- Creating clash tests
- Adding a timeline with the Timeliner
- Creating material takeoffs
- Creating custom animations and scripts for an interactive movie
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on BIM 360 and a whole new chapter of videos on rendering in Navisworks.
Q. This course was updated 03/21/2017. What changed?
A. Three videos were updated in the first chapter. The following topics were also updated in chapters 8 and 12: creating a simluation for the TImeLiner, changing the survey point and project base point in Revit, finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, and combining Civil and Revit.
1. The Navisworks File System
2. Navigating in a Model
3. Working with Viewpoints
4. The Review Tab
5. Dealing with Objects
6. Sorting and Grouping
7. Clash Detection
8. The TimeLiner
10. Presenting, Animating, and Exporting
12. Combining Site and Buildings
Combining Civil and Revit3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.