Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video BIM 360 , part of Navisworks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] New to 2017, we have BIM 360.…If you look at my desktop here,…you'll see that I have Navisworks Manage,…Navisworks Freedom, I have Simulate,…but what's this fourth guy here?…This is Naviworks Manage 2017 BIM 360.…What the deal is with this is it's not a licensed file.…So essentially, when you open up Navisworks Manage BIM 360,…which I'm going to do now,…you actually log in to your Autodesk site.…Now, I'm already logged in, so I know…it's going to open right up.…
Now, we're going to select projects from the server…United States or Europe.…I guess if you're in Canada or Mexico you're out of luck.…So I'm going to go United States and I'm going to click OK.…Now, we're connected to BIM 360 as you can see down here.…And I'm logged in to my Autodesk A360 account…and will see Autodesk Manage 2017 for BIM 360.…Obviously you need an internet connection for this to run.…Now, what I want to do is go to my BIM 360 tab.…
Notice now that we have projects and models.…Now this ties into BIM 360 Glue.…So I'm going to go ahead and click on…
- Appending and merging different file types
- Walking through your model
- Working with viewpoints
- Reviewing and marking up a model
- Manipulating and finding objects
- Adding links to objects
- Sorting and grouping
- Creating clash tests
- Adding a timeline with the Timeliner
- Creating material takeoffs
- Creating custom animations and scripts for an interactive movie
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on BIM 360 and a whole new chapter of videos on rendering in Navisworks.
Q. This course was updated 03/21/2017. What changed?
A. Three videos were updated in the first chapter. The following topics were also updated in chapters 8 and 12: creating a simluation for the TImeLiner, changing the survey point and project base point in Revit, finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, and combining Civil and Revit.
1. The Navisworks File System
2. Navigating in a Model
3. Working with Viewpoints
4. The Review Tab
5. Dealing with Objects
6. Sorting and Grouping
7. Clash Detection
8. The TimeLiner
10. Presenting, Animating, and Exporting
12. Combining Site and Buildings
Combining Civil and Revit3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.