- [Voiceover] Here's the thing.…A lot of times, you want specific objects…to be a specific color, always.…The problem is, when we export or open a Revit model,…it's going to view whatever color Revit…feels like making it.…We can change that.…But the cool thing is,…we can set a profile so when we bring in another item,…if it matches the profile,…it'll automatically update to that color.…Let's get started by jumping into Navisworks.…On the Quick Access Toolbar,…I'm going to click Open,…browse to where you're keeping your Revit models,…and I'm going to grab the Structural model.…
Now I'm going to click Open.…It takes a little longer to open a Revit model…because what it's doing is actually making an NWC model.…There we go.…Now I'm going to pan around…so we can see it like this.…I'm going to go to my Selection tree,…I'm going to expand Structural,…I'll hold down my Control key…and select everything that says Analytical.…I'm going to right click, and I'm going to Hide.…Now what we need to do is go to the Viewpoint tab…
- Appending and merging different file types
- Walking through your model
- Working with viewpoints
- Reviewing and marking up a model
- Manipulating and finding objects
- Adding links to objects
- Sorting and grouping
- Creating clash tests
- Adding a timeline with the Timeliner
- Creating material takeoffs
- Creating custom animations and scripts for an interactive movie
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on BIM 360 and a whole new chapter of videos on rendering in Navisworks.
Q. This course was updated 03/21/2017. What changed?
A. Three videos were updated in the first chapter. The following topics were also updated in chapters 8 and 12: creating a simluation for the TImeLiner, changing the survey point and project base point in Revit, finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, and combining Civil and Revit.
1. The Navisworks File System
2. Navigating in a Model
3. Working with Viewpoints
4. The Review Tab
5. Dealing with Objects
6. Sorting and Grouping
7. Clash Detection
8. The TimeLiner
10. Presenting, Animating, and Exporting
12. Combining Site and Buildings
Combining Civil and Revit3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.