Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting the sun, part of Navisworks 2017 Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do in this video…is adjust the sun.…Let's jump to the Navisworks,…and the Quick Access toolbar, let's click the Open button.…I'm gonna browse where I'm keeping…my Navisworks Essential model.…I'm gonna click Open.…Now I'm gonna click on my Orbit button,…I'm gonna orbit around kind of like this…just so I can see the sun up there…'cause that's what we're gonna be messing around with.…I'm gonna pan down a little bit, okay.…Now let's jump into Autodesk Rendering,…now let's go to Environments.…
For our sun let's crank the intensity factor up.…That doesn't have a lot of effect on it…but as we start going through this comes into play.…For the color instead of white let's go ahead…and click on this little Builder button here.…Let's define custom colors.…Let's go to a yellow, make it a really light yellow,…click OK, changes it just a little bit as you can see.…Now the Disk Scale,…how hot is it gonna be today?…We'll put it up to about here…and our Glow Intensity notice that…we can really make it bright.…
- Appending and merging different file types
- Walking through your model
- Working with viewpoints
- Reviewing and marking up a model
- Manipulating and finding objects
- Adding links to objects
- Sorting and grouping
- Creating clash tests
- Adding a timeline with the Timeliner
- Creating material takeoffs
- Creating custom animations and scripts for an interactive movie
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on BIM 360 and a whole new chapter of videos on rendering in Navisworks.
Q. This course was updated 03/21/2017. What changed?
A. Three videos were updated in the first chapter. The following topics were also updated in chapters 8 and 12: creating a simluation for the TImeLiner, changing the survey point and project base point in Revit, finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, and combining Civil and Revit.
1. The Navisworks File System
2. Navigating in a Model
3. Working with Viewpoints
4. The Review Tab
5. Dealing with Objects
6. Sorting and Grouping
7. Clash Detection
8. The TimeLiner
10. Presenting, Animating, and Exporting
12. Combining Site and Buildings
Combining Civil and Revit3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.