It's cool that you can do this. For each item that you have taken off, you can tell Navisworks to save a nice perspective view of that item. This is extremely useful for large takeoffs in large buildings so you don't get lost in the numbers!
- [Voiceover] Here's another huge advantage…of being able to use Navisworks for takeoffs.…'Cause of the fact that we can select an item…and have a visual on it right in the model.…Another cool thing is we can actually save a view…of that item if it's special enough.…So, let's jump into Navisworks.…Let's open a model up.…I'm gonna find my NavisworksQuantity…and I'm gonna click Open.…Of course, I'll go to my home tab.…On my Tools panel, I'm gonna click Quantification.…I'm gonna click Project Setup.…
I'm gonna go to my CSI-48.…I'm gonna click Next, Next, Next, and Finish.…I wanna pick on HVAC again.…I wanna make sure I have enough room this time…so when I drag out my Selection Tree…I can see what I'm doing.…I'm gonna go to my Selection Tree.…I'm gonna drill into NavisworksQuantity.…I'm gonna go to my Mechanical…and I'm gonna come down to my Mechanical Equipment.…Notice we have our Downblast, our Roof Drains,…we have an Outdoor AHU.…
So what I'm gonna do is,…I'm gonna click on this Outdoor AHU - Horizontal.…I'm gonna simply drag this one item into my HVAC.…
- Understanding the Quantification dialog
- Using the catalogs
- Importing or creating a custom catalog
- Adding resources and viewports
- Showing and hiding takeoffs
- Selecting objects
- Grouping objects
- Taking off elements from a DWF
- Performing a 2D takeoff
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Project Creation
Using the wizard4m 20s
4. Object Selection
5. DWF Takeoff
6. 2D Takeoff
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.