Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding materials, part of Navisworks Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do in this video…is create a brand new material,…then we're gonna put it on one of the curtain panels.…Let's jump into Navisworks.…On the quick access toolbar,…let's click on the open button.…I'm gonna find my Navisworks essential model.…I'm gonna click open.…Excellent.…Now I'm gonna click on my orbit tool…and I'm gonna come down to my big curtain wall here.…Now what I'm gonna do is come up…to my auto desk rendering button.…
Then what I'll do is I'm gonna find glass clear white.…I'm gonna right click on it and I'm gonna duplicate it.…Now I'm gonna right click on glass clear white,…now I'm gonna rename it.…I'm gonna call it glass hyphen orange.…Hit enter.…I'm gonna find glass orange.…And sometimes I don't have a lot of room…so I'm just gonna expand this area.…That makes it a lot easier.…I'm gonna find glass hyphen orange.…
I'm gonna click on my material editor right here.…Now what I'm gonna do is my tint.…I'm gonna turn on tint.…And my tint color right here,…I'm gonna click on RGB 80 80 80.…
- Appending and merging different file types
- Walking through your model
- Working with viewpoints
- Reviewing and marking up a model
- Manipulating and finding objects
- Adding links to objects
- Sorting and grouping
- Creating clash tests
- Adding a timeline with the Timeliner
- Creating material takeoffs
- Creating custom animations and scripts for an interactive movie
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on BIM 360 and a whole new chapter of videos on rendering in Navisworks.
Q. This course was updated 03/21/2017. What changed?
A. Three videos were updated in the first chapter. The following topics were also updated in chapters 8 and 12: creating a simluation for the TImeLiner, changing the survey point and project base point in Revit, finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, and combining Civil and Revit.
1. The Navisworks File System
2. Navigating in a Model
3. Working with Viewpoints
4. The Review Tab
5. Dealing with Objects
6. Sorting and Grouping
7. Clash Detection
8. The TimeLiner
10. Presenting, Animating, and Exporting
12. Combining Site and Buildings
Combining Civil and Revit3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.