Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding lights, part of Navisworks Essential Training.
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do in this video,…is create some lights.…To do that, let's jump into Navisworks.…On the quick access toolbar, let's click the open button.…Now I'm gonna browse where I'm keeping…my Navisworks essential model,…or we can open up any model that you want really.…Let's click open.…Excellent.…Now, I'm gonna click on my orbit button,…and I'm gonna orbit around till I'm lookin at…one of these rooms,…and I'm gonna scroll my wheel button,…and I guess I'll pick on this room here.…
I'm gonna come over here and click on my feet to walk.…And I'm gonna walk into this room.…Let's walk into this bathroom area here,…spin around, and I wanna look at that light right there,…just like that.…Now, on the home tab, and on the tools panel,…let's click on Autodesk rendering.…What I'd like to do now, is go to the lighting tab.…I'm gonna turn all these lights off,…so my light name,…I'm just gonna click here.…Now I'm gonna click here again,…it turns them up.…
What these lights are is,…they will come in with some of the Revit lights.…
- Appending and merging different file types
- Walking through your model
- Working with viewpoints
- Reviewing and marking up a model
- Manipulating and finding objects
- Adding links to objects
- Sorting and grouping
- Creating clash tests
- Adding a timeline with the Timeliner
- Creating material takeoffs
- Creating custom animations and scripts for an interactive movie
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Q: This course was updated on 05/09/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new tutorial on BIM 360 and a whole new chapter of videos on rendering in Navisworks.
Q. This course was updated 03/21/2017. What changed?
A. Three videos were updated in the first chapter. The following topics were also updated in chapters 8 and 12: creating a simluation for the TImeLiner, changing the survey point and project base point in Revit, finding and running Civil 3D Object Enablers, and combining Civil and Revit.
1. The Navisworks File System
2. Navigating in a Model
3. Working with Viewpoints
4. The Review Tab
5. Dealing with Objects
6. Sorting and Grouping
7. Clash Detection
8. The TimeLiner
10. Presenting, Animating, and Exporting
12. Combining Site and Buildings
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.