- After you've installed NSX Manager,…and registered it to vCenter,…and then you've installed your controller cluster,…then the next step is to prepare the hosts…for NXLAN networking.…Now part of that step is comically easy,…and then the other part is a little bit more involved.…So to demonstrate this, I'm going to go…back into the web client, and you'll see…that we are in the Installation section…under the NSX Manager Networking and Security plugin.…
And under Installation, I'm on Host Preparation.…Notice though that these aren't just hosts.…These are clusters of hosts.…My point being is that when you actually…do the installation of the vSphere Infrastructure Bundles,…the VIBs, you're not installing them…on each individual host.…You're installing them on the clusters.…It's already installed now, but if it wasn't,…all you would do is just click on a little install link…that would be right next to each one of these clusters.…
Since it is installed, I can just click on the arrow,…what some people call the twisties there.…
VMware Certified Instructor Bill Ferguson covers the basics of NSX (including NSX components) and techniques for creating a software-defined data center. He shows how to configure a controller cluster, prepare hosts for VXLAN networking, and configure logical switches and distributed routers. Later in the course, Bill configures static and OSPF routing, load balancing, and a simple VPN, as well as high availability with NSX Edge. By the end of the training, viewers should be able to use NSX on top of their existing network resources to improve performance, deploy services, and increase security—without any additional hardware.
- Overview of virtual networks and NSX components
- Configuring controller clusters, logical switches, and distributed routers
- Following packet flow with a DLR
- Understanding Layer 2 bridging
- Configuring static and OSPF routing
- Understanding SNAT and DNAT
- Configuring load balancing
- Configuring high availability on NSX Edge
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Software-Defined Data Center
2. Components of NSX
Configuring logical switches5m 12s
3. Network Advantages Realized
4. Expanding the Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.