- Well, hopefully, you're as excited about NSX as I am now,…and you want to learn more and more.…If you do, then there's a couple of things…that I'd highly recommend that you do.…Number one, consider taking the NSX install, configure,…and manage class from a VMware certified instructor.…I have a ball teaching the classes,…and you'd have a ball taking it.…We go through everything that we just did…and a whole lot more because we do all the steps.…We build out the whole environment.…We create the logical switches.…
We create the Distributed Logical Router.…We make sure that it all works.…We test it.…We do the load balancing,…network address translation, VPNs.…Everything that we covered,…we cover that and more, and we cover it in detail.…You'll understand how it works…not only in the lab environment, but you'll understand…how it can relate to your own environment…and what you're going to build out.…Other tools that you can use to learn more…and to build your own environment out with expertise…is the NSX Administration Guide and the NSX Design Guide.…
VMware Certified Instructor Bill Ferguson covers the basics of NSX (including NSX components) and techniques for creating a software-defined data center. He shows how to configure a controller cluster, prepare hosts for VXLAN networking, and configure logical switches and distributed routers. Later in the course, Bill configures static and OSPF routing, load balancing, and a simple VPN, as well as high availability with NSX Edge. By the end of the training, viewers should be able to use NSX on top of their existing network resources to improve performance, deploy services, and increase security—without any additional hardware.
- Overview of virtual networks and NSX components
- Configuring controller clusters, logical switches, and distributed routers
- Following packet flow with a DLR
- Understanding Layer 2 bridging
- Configuring static and OSPF routing
- Understanding SNAT and DNAT
- Configuring load balancing
- Configuring high availability on NSX Edge
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Software-Defined Data Center
2. Components of NSX
Configuring logical switches5m 12s
3. Network Advantages Realized
4. Expanding the Environment
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.