Join Glenn Block for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of API Development in .NET with GraphQL.
- [Instructor] This course assumes you are an intermediate to advanced C# ASP.NET developer. You should be comfortable building APIs in ASP.NET Core and you should be comfortable working with NuGet. It also assumes you are familiar with the core concepts of GraphQL and have experienced using the graphical editor. If you're not familiar with GraphQL, I recommend reviewing Learning GraphQL in our library for an in-depth overview of GraphQL itself and the graphical editor.
In this course, we'll be working heavily in Visual Studio 2017 Community edition, which is a free IDE. You're welcome to use any IDE or editor of your choice and nothing about the course relies on Visual Studio. We'll also be working on Windows using .NET 4.6, but you may work on a Mac or Linux running on .NET Core, and I've provided you one video and exercise files to get you going. Additionally, we'll also be using Google Chrome as our browser, but you may use any browser you like.
- Creating a new GraphQL project
- Exposing a new GraphQL API
- Enabling and creating mutations
- Updating and configuring the schema
- Enabling subscriptions
- New GraphQL.NET schema classes
- Creating the OrderEventType