Join Walt Ritscher for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Microsoft XAML Fundamentals 2: Content and Properties.
- [Instructor] I hope you enjoyed learning about XAML…and how it fits into the Microsoft UI tools.…This is the second course in the XAML series.…I encourage you to watch the first course in the series.…It covers the fundamentals of XAML…and will help clarify the basics for you.…Explore our catalog to find the rest of the courses…in this series as they are published to our site.…This course covers some of the core features of XAML,…but there is more to learn about XAML.…Some of the topics left to explore are the type converter…and markup extension.…XAML features a transform and create values…for XAML attributes.…
Another important aspect of XAML is its resource system.…Just like in code, you'll need to create reusable resources,…for example, standard UI brushes and control styles…that make your UI consistent across the application.…XAML provides resource dictionaries for this purpose.…Once you have a handle on XAML,…you'll want to study the UI frameworks that utilize XAML.…Xamarin is a cross platform mobile tool optimized…
- What does content mean in XAML?
- Using dotPeek to show property values for XAML elements
- Expressing content as objects, lists, or dictionaries in XAML vs. code
- Exploring dependency and attached properties
- Working with attached properties in the grid and canvas
- Using custom dependency properties