- Evolution of .NET
- Modern .NET implementations
- Base Class Library
- Demos of .NET frameworks such as ASP.NET Core, NancyFx, and NuGet
- Using the .NET Standard Library
- Creating a .NET Standard Library
- Using compatibility shims
- Migrating with the .NET Portability Analyzer
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Glenn] My name is Glenn Block. I'm a Microsoft MVP and I've worked in the tech industry for over 20 years including working at Microsoft on the .NET framework and ASP.net. If you're a .NET developer today then the world looks very different than it did even just a few years ago. There's been a lot of fluctuation in the .NET ecosystem. It can be overwhelming, but it is also really exciting because you can now use your skills to go much further than was previously possible.
In this course, I'm going to guide you through understanding the new cross platform .NET ecosystem. You will learn about the modern .NET platforms such as .NET Core, the NuGet package ecosystem, .NET Standard and how it compares to PCLs, and you'll also learn how to migrate using the .NET portability analyzer. What's really great about this course is I'll be providing demos across many different platforms so you can see cross platform development first hand. Okay, let's dive into the new .NET.
1. Overview of the .NET Ecosystem
2. Modern .NET Implementations
3. Libraries and Packages
4. Use the .NET Standard Library
5. Create a .NET Standard Library
6. Migrate with the .NET Portability Analyzer
Next steps2m 52s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.