Find out how to update your profile information. Learn about editing your login and contact information associated with your Lynda.com account.
- [Instructor] In this chapter, we'll look at the various options and settings that are available for managing your Lynda.com account. Once you've successfully activated your account and logged in, pretty much everything you need, in regards to your account information, can be found under your Profile menu at the top of the screen in the navigation bar, where your name appears. Clicking on Profile will take you to this page. On this page, you can update your log in information, as well as your contact information.
To do so, just click Edit next to any section you want to change. For example, if I want to change my password, I'll just click Edit, and I would type the current password in the top field, my preferred new password in the middle field, and confirm my new password in the bottom field. As long as my password conforms to the character requirements and I typed it the same both times, once I click Save, I'll see a banner at the top of the page, letting me know I've updated my information successfully.
In this area, I could also change my user name if I wanted to, although you probably won't need to do that as much as you'll want to change your password information. And just under that is contact information. If I want to change or update any of that, I'll just click Edit and change the appropriate fields as necessary, and when I'm done, I'll click Save. And that's how you change your user name, password, or contact information for your account.
First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support