Find the content you're looking for on Lynda.com by learning how to navigate the Library button. Search for content by subject, topic software, or learning paths. See how to quickly filter the content results to pare down the options to exactly what you are looking for.
- [Instructor] When you visit lynda.com, you've likely come to learn something, so how do you find the content you're looking for? Well, at the top of nearly every page on our site, you'll find this Library menu. By hovering your mouse over it, you'll find that you can browse content by subject in the left column, subject topic in the middle column, softwares associated with that subject, and learning paths associated with that subject. For example, I can come down here to Business, and select the Business Skills topic.
Now I can see all of the results related to business skills. Up at the top here we have Getting Started with this topic, and then Learning Paths, Documentaries, and Weekly Series. Further down the page is the longer listing of all courses related to this topic. You can see this topic has 337 courses and 7,128 videos.
Now that's a lot of content to sift through. So to help pair down what you're looking for, you can first sort the content by release date, or course title in alphabetical order. By default it's set to release date for the newest releases. Here on the left you can choose these filters to further pair down the content. You can filter by topic, software, author, skill level, and more options.
So, I'll choose Beginner, and Business topic. Let's say I'm looking for Microsoft. This helps drill down to exactly what I'm looking for. You can see that I have these filters selected here, and if I want to remove one I can just click the X next to the filter. Now I only have a few options to focus on here, which is really great for helping pair down the content I'm looking for.
Once I've found the course that I'm looking for, I have a couple of options, and this applies anywhere on the site when you see a thumbnail. When you hover your mouse over it, you can click to see a preview of this course, or you can click Watch Now to jump directly to that course. We'll go over viewing the course content page a little later, but next, let's look at other ways that you can search for content.
First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support