Try using the search field in the navigation bar to find the content you are looking for. Type in software, skills, or other keywords directly into the search field and browse through the results to find the content you are looking for.
- [Female Instructor] If browsing the library menu isn't helping you find the content you're looking for try using the search field. The search field is found at the top of nearly every page in the navigation bar. The search field let's you search for specific words or phrases and then provides you with a list of results you can browse through and pare down until you find exactly the content you're looking for. So simply begin by typing a search term into the field. For example, say I'm looking for the CAD software called SOLIDWORKS. I'll type in SOLIDWORKS.
There one of the first results we get as I start typing is SOLIDWORKS. I can tell because it has the company logo right there. So I'll just click on that. Now I'm on the SOLIDWORKS search results page. Again we have suggested content to get started with SOLIDWORKS. I can browse the learning paths that are associated with SOLIDWORKS and I can see weekly series. Weekly series are courses that have weekly videos added to them. We call them episodes. You can see this one has 29 episodes for SOLIDWORKS tips and tricks.
The latest two episodes are listed right here. You can click on them to go directly to those episodes. A little further down the page, just like we've seen before, these results can be filtered using the filters on the left to narrow down my results. Say I'm interested in just the newest 2017 SOLIDWORKS version. I'll click on that. You'll see right away my results are pared down to just two options.
You can also use the search field to look for specific courses. Say I want to look at IOS7 iPhones. Just type that in. I'll click enter or return on my keyboard. There we have a course for IOS7 iPhone. You can also type in skills like project manager. I'm going to press return or enter on my keyboard.
There we have quite a few results for project manager. Again you can use the filters on the left here to pare down to find exactly what you're looking for. You can even search for author. Say I really like Rob Garrott and I want to look at his courses. There we have results for Rob Garrott. Anything you want to search for just type it into the search field, press return or enter on your keyboard, or browse the results in the drop-down menu to help find the content that you're looking for.
First, find out about the types of videos we offer at Lynda.com, including in-depth software training, first looks at up-and-coming technology trends, courses to help you develop critical business skills, techniques for creative pros, and inspirational documentaries. Then get a demo of special library features such as bookmarks, playlists, notes, transcripts, certificates of completion, and FAQs, and learn where to turn for help when you need it. Plus, find out how to access Lynda.com on the go, using our mobile apps and offline viewing capabilities.
- Choosing a membership plan
- Finding the latest releases
- Downloading and using exercise files
- Searching the video transcripts
- Choosing the right video player
- Creating and sharing playlists
- Taking notes
- Printing and sharing certificates of completion
- Updating your member profile
- Changing or canceling your membership plan
- Contacting customer support